Using RoboForm The Safe Way
Using Roboform The Safe Way.
To ensure you are safe on the internet follow the instructions below exactly.
- Step one is to create a secure master password.
- Step two is to set up the profile to use a flash drive rather than the standard C drive. Doing this allows you to unplug the drive and take it with you when you leave the PC and without it, no one can use your roboform to access your password-protected areas.
- Step three is to set up the password generator correctly.
- Place a check mark in the box “Copy new generated passwords to clipboard”
- If you cannot see the Advanced settings, then click on the text “advanced settings.”
- Set the number of characters to 18 (can be more if you want)
- Check Exclude Similar characters.
- Leave Hexadecimal blank
- Check A – Z, a – z, 0 – 9, and characters
- Set minimal number of digits to 1 or more.
When you need a New Password.
Now that RoboForm is set up each time you need a password you click on generate new. Remember it is automatically copied to your clipboard so you just go to, and click inside the password field. Now press ctrl and the “v.” and there you have your password.
A tip: when you click on the create account you are usually logged in. I always log out immediately and then fill in the login form with the username/email and then do a Ctrl “v” in the password field.
Next Go up into your roboform tool bar and click on save. It will suggest a name, and if you have made any, a folder.
If you have not yet created any folders, click on the Drop-down arrow in the second field and click on create new folder. Type in a suitable folder name and click on save.
Do organize your passwords into folders, or they can get out of hand very quickly.